Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Inspiring talent and exceptional work
As an intermediate designer at you will be creating art concepts, proposals and compositional layouts for 2D/3D art features; including hand painted wall murals, furniture, and art accessories. The ideal candidate will be as adept in Photoshop, AutoCAD, and other design software, as they are talented in traditional hand techniques such as pen and ink, watercolours and sketching.
Energetic hardworking, open to ideas, and excited about materials, are just a few of the phrases you would use to describe yourself.
Reporting to the creative director, and senior designer, you must be able to articulate ideas and concepts to our in-house artists for production, then during production and until project completion you will ensure that the development of the artwork materializes according to plan and specifications.
As a team player, you are easy going and optimistic, not afraid of pressure or deadlines, and ready to take on any task to get the job done.
Day to Day you will:
- Support the Principal and/or other Project Managers in interpreting/developing concepts that meet the client brief and budget;
- Develop and create concepts on computer and or by hand;
- Compile proposal packages in InDesign;
- Work with Subcontractors and studio artists for production as well as monitor quality and aesthetic direction;
- Oversee sample requests, production and delivery;
- Assist with maintaining digital and physical samples’ library;
- Photograph samples and completed work;
- Assist with preparation of marketing materials;
- Manage drawing documentation.
Skills and ability you should excel at:
- 1-3 years of professional experience working for an architecture, interior design firm, other creative department, and/or studio environment;
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp, and AutoCAD;
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings;
- Experience in Hand drawing, photography, Microsoft Office, Illustrator, Rhino3D and other design or modeling software is an asset;
- Ability to think strategically, as well as visually
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and problem solving skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines;
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and team-player attitude.
Submit resume and portfolio to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Moss and Lam thanks all those who apply, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Moss and Lam is a bustling artist’s studio focused on creating one of kind artworks, wall treatments, 3 Dimensional installations, sculpture and fine art. We pride ourselves on being artistic problem solvers with a multidisciplinary approach. We create applied artworks that transform and elevate any space.
For over 25 years our studio has worked with leading international designers and architects from around the world to produce custom commissioned artworks for luxury brands in the hospitality and retail industries as well as residential spaces.
We are looking to hire an energetic and creative individual who shares our passion to create beautiful art and objects and whose dedication to detail and aesthetic values set them apart from the rest of the crowd.