At Giannone Petricone Associates we are designing environments inspired by a love of city-making and contemporary urban culture. From well crafted interiors to large-scale urban redevelopments (and everything in-between) our work relishes in a close attention to detail and material expression, provocative programs, and thorough investigation and infiltration of local contexts.
We are a mid-sized firm located in Toronto since 1995. Our award-winning projects are mostly in Canada but extend to the US and Europe where we have recently enjoyed great interest in our unique design approach. We are growing and looking to hire architects and/or intern architects that will complement our great team of creative individuals and help us rise to the challenges of the next level of exciting projects.
An Intermediate Designer with digital design skills should have experience in all areas of technology driven design including BIM, computation, performance analysis, visualization, and VR/AR/MR. Also, they are expected to reflect high levels of creativity within the parameters of structure and building requirements.
The successful candidate is expected to communicate well with clients and other professionals, work effectively in a team setting and readily adapt as changes need to be made. Overall, they are expected to be curious, agile and challenge the status quo to elevate the design at the studio.
To be the successful candidate you will have a strong commitment to design excellence and execution. You must be able to demonstrate experience ranging from concept design through to contract administration and you will have experience working on a variety of project types. You must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, architectural science or architectural technology; and possess a minimum of three years professional working experience not including co-operative education placements.
Project Management – 95%
- Works with senior staff to co-ordinate internal project deliverables;
- Contributes to the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of project phases;
- Develops design concepts and associated presentation materials;
- Creates high quality exterior and interior architectural 3D models, renderings, and VR experiences;
- Works independently and with project teams in creating representations of design sketches or developed projects;
- Develops and prepares design development materials and presentation;
- Develops designs with intent, based on research & resolution of technical/ design issues;
- Contributes to strategic development of various 2D and 3D representation techniques, software, and devices;
- Develops construction documents for projects of varying scope with supervision;
- Modifies and update designs based on review comments from senior staff;
- Prepares architectural drawings using REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp and other modeling, computational visualization, and VR/AR/MR software;
- Supports senior staff with evaluating site conditions and constraints;
- Executes technical design assignments in a timely manner;
- Produces compelling design development work, digital models, drawings, and outline specifications;
- Supports senior staff with effective analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other regulations and technical documents / reports to which a project may be subject;
People Level Responsibilities -5%
- Inspires and motivates; collaborates across teams; develops junior members;
- Liases with senior staff including Team Leaders and Associates as required;
- Develops strong relationships with clients and internal teams;
- Participates in team meetings to coordinate design options and ideas;
- Takes initiative in creating and leading an internal digital design group;
- Stays informed on new technologies in digital design;
To apply for this position, please email a CV and portfolio of no more than 10MB to [email protected]
Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.