Cutler is looking for an Intermediate Interior Designer (or Intern Architect) to join the team. This is an opportunity to join a successful and growing design consulting firm.
· Consult with clients to determine project programming and design requirements.
· Develop detailed plans, sketches, renderings, presentations to clearly communicate design intent to the project team (using AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, and Adobe Suite).
· Source materials, fixtures, and furnishings.
· Create detailed construction drawing packages for client approval, building permit, tender, and construction phases.
· Work with our internal team and vendors to develop specifications and design details.
· Coordinate with and manage external consultants including Engineers, General Contractors, and vendors.
· Know, understand, and stay current with Building Codes and specific municipal guidelines.
· Support project leads during Contract Administration by reviewing shop drawings, submittals, and RFI’s.
· Assist with procurement processes for fixtures and furnishings.
· Communicate with clients at all project phases and provide excellent customer service.
· Participate in business development activities, research, and pitches.
· Other tasks as required – our small team works together to achieve personal and business goals while exceeding the expectations of our clients.
- A great attitude, a high level of confidence, eager to learn and very trustworthy.
- Post-Secondary Architecture or Interior Design education is required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of work experience on commercial tenant improvement projects
- Registered or eligible to be registered with the IDIBC or AIBC an asset.
- Extensive experience creating AutoCAD and/or Revit construction drawing packages.
- A team player that thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- An interest in learning more about leadership and project management.
- A great eye for design and trends.
- Passion for design, details, and amazing interior environments.
- Working knowledge of Canadian building codes.
- Strong and confident computer, software, and technology skills (AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe, Microsoft, etc.).
- Fantastic management and organizational skills under tight budget and time constraints.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Fluent in English with strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong relevant design portfolio and great references.