Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
Architecture49Inc. is currently seeking an Intermediate Interior Designer to work out of their Winnipeg office.
- Demonstrate strong space planning skills, technical knowledge of interior products, systems, and finishes, and an understanding of biophilic interior design and its impact on environments.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in Healthcare Design
- Develop conceptual designs to communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Provide overview and leadership in varied aspects of interior design including: functional programming, schematic design, working drawings, and contract administration.
- Research and source manufacturers for furniture systems, fixtures, materials and responsible for directing staff to source/research, as appropriate.
- Select and specify finishes and fixtures
- Lead project meetings and client presentations
- Prepare interior design proposals
- Prepare preliminary costing and comparative material sourcing
- Prepare contract documents, including floor plans, finish plans, reflected ceiling plans, power and communication plans, interior elevations, millwork sections and details, schedules, specifications, general notes and information, in compliance with the Building Code
- Review accuracy, omissions, errors, and legibility of interiors drawing packages. with attention to detail and a commitment to producing accurate, complete, and legible drawings
- Direct staff and assist as necessary
- MINIMUM 5 years of experience in interior design within Canada
- Masters or Bachelors Degree of Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program
- Has obtained or is working towards NCIDQ registration
- Experience in programming, planning principles, materials, furnishings, interior design drawing package coordination and production
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch Up
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Microsoft Project and other digital communication tools
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu is considered an asset
- Familiarity with local Building Codes
- Strong design and leadership skills and a professional work ethic
- Excellent organizational and technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to attain PSPC Level II Secret security clearance and RCMP clearance is required
- Proficiency in English and French is considered an asset
- Ability to attain the title of Professional Interior Designer in the Province of Manitoba
- Evidence-Based Design Accreditation Certification (EDAC) is considered an asset