MJMA is seeking an ‘Interiors-Focused Architect / Designer’ to join our growing 60-person interdisciplinary Toronto studio, focused on design excellence in public projects. Recipients of the 2016 RAIC Firm Award, our integrated design studio incorporates Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, and Environmental Graphic Design, all aimed at delivering full service, holistic design solutions. Our office is a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a commitment to being a great place to work and to fostering professional growth of every individual.Responsibilities
Working closely and collaboratively with the firm’s Partners, Director of Interiors, and each project team – the primary responsibility and focus of this position is to support: development of interior concepts; planning; accessibility review; client presentations; material board design and assembly; product research; office material library cataloguing; and preparation of detailed specifications and drawings.
We are interested in someone who is passionate for developing interior concepts and details with innovation, creativity, rigor, and independence while collaborating with and learning from others.
- Model, sketch, and develop studies for concept options.
- Bring strong graphic, organizational, and communication skills for client presentations and reports.
- Assemble and design of interior finish boards.
- Understand applicable building codes and accessibility and technical standards for interiors.
- Assist in production of outline specifications, material systems, and finish options.
- Assist in production of drawings, specifications, and contract deliverables using REVIT and AutoCAD, and other modeling software.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Post graduate work experience in architectural or interior design practice.
- Revit, AutoCad, Sketch Up, Adobe, Microsoft, Rendering Software for quick studies.
- Member of OAA or ARIDO (licensed or Intern).
You must demonstrate a passion for design excellence and innovation, be a strong communicator, and contribute eagerly. You must be highly motivated, organized, assertive, and willing to engage in the open and collaborative environment of the office. You must also be able to work independently, seek input, and ask for help from team members when needed.
Let us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing [email protected] with the subject line “Intermediate Interiors Architect / Interior Designer”. Salary negotiable based on level of experience. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note however that only those selected for interview will be contacted.mjma.ca