BORTOLOTTO is currently seeking an Intermediate Level Architect who is looking to join a dynamic, creative, idea generating team to work in a fast-paced environment on deadline-oriented projects. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated creative individual that displays initiative, independent thinking, on various tasks from concept design to construction administration.
Working with the small-size, agile, ambitious and growing studio will provide you with autonomy and a stimulating and purposeful experience. You will have the opportunity to take on a diverse set of responsibilities on all phases of a project and cultivate a broad spectrum of skills, propelling your career forward within a healthy work-life balance. BORTOLOTTO offers health benefits, cell phone payments, professional development opportunities and more.
This position requires full-time office-based work exclusively.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the conception and development of compelling design solutions and ideas.
- Responsible for advancement of designs including detailing, modelling and production of presentation material.
- Ensure design continuity throughout project phases.
- Apply strong technical knowledge of the Ontario building code, construction and building systems requirements in detailing and preparation of construction documents.
- Resolve and develop design and technical building issues.
- Support quality assurance and ensure technically proficient documents.
- Ensure project work is completed on time and according to schedule.
- Support coordination and communication amongst project team, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in an architectural practice.
- Graduated with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture, architectural science or architectural technology.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Outlook 365.
- Thorough knowledge of Ontario/ Canadian Building Codes, building systems and technology.
- Experience in contract document production and construction detailing.
- Ability to push project forward within allotted time frame and through all phases of the project.
- Member of a relevant professional association (ie: OAA)
- Highly committed and strong work ethic towards design and architectural excellence.
- Construction administration experience.
- Ability to push project forward within allotted time frame and through all phases of the project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in the Intermediate Level Architect position at BORTOLOTTO, please submit your resume with subject heading: Intermediate Architect to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications are kept strictly confidential.