Fryett Turner Architects Inc. is a long-established architectural firm under new joint ownership, with a diverse portfolio within both the public and private sectors. Approximately half our workload is small and medium sized multi-residential projects, with the remainder comprising a variety of office, mercantile and industrial work. A large number of our clients have been with us for many years and multiple projects, and we also have a steady stream of new clients. We currently have a staff of two Architects, one Intern Architect, Two Project Managers, six Technologists, a Contract Administrator and an Office Manager.
Due to a recent staff retirement and an increasing workload we require a Registered OAA Architect to join our team. This position requires an experienced and motivated individual who can take on a team leadership role with our existing staff and build successful relationships with our clients. Also required is the ability to assist with company management such as workload planning, staff development and project budget control.
We can offer a friendly working environment, staff Health Benefits, flexible working hours and facilities for working from home. There are good opportunities for career advancement, including partnership, for the right candidate
We are located in the beautiful and historic community of Elora, within comfortable commuting range of Guelph, Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, and Orangeville. Our projects are located throughout southwest Ontario, from London to Mississauga, Niagara to Owen Sound, though mostly within 60 kilometers of the office.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Remote position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete feasibility studies, schematic and detailed designs.
- Complete comprehensive reviews of project code and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate submissions for Site Plan Approval, Building Permit and other municipal processes.
- Manage project progress and coordinate the work of engineering consultants
- Respond to Requests for Proposals.
- Manage project staff allocations and project budgets
- Assist with practice management & workload planning.
Qualifications and Requirements
- M. Arch Degree.
- Registered as an Architect with the OAA.
- A minimum of 5 years post-registration work experience in Canada.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of construction materials and methods.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Commitment to continuous self improvement.
- Proven track record of developing and managing design and construction.
Submit your resume and portfolio, with cover letter and salary expectations.