SvN is currently seeking an Intermediate Planner to join their Toronto office. The role of the Intermediate Planner is to work with the team to deliver pragmatic and forward-thinking plans with a goal to re-set the relationship between buildings, landscape and infrastructure.
Working with senior staff, the planner will collaborate in managing innovative, amazing and profitable projects and assist in procuring a mix of public and private sector projects in order to evolve the Planning + Design Practice.
- Seamlessly marry the practices of planning and design;
- Work with the SvN team to tackle critical urban issues;
- Support the Principals and Planning Lead to pursue, execute and deliver strategic plans and dynamic policy documents rooted in a deep understanding of the implications on the built environment;
- Assist with increasing SvN’s visibility by supporting awards submissions and presentations; and participating in the broader community of planning + design professionals.
Qualifications / Core Areas of Expertise
- Masters Degree in Planning;
- Minimum three years of experience in urban planning in North America;
- Ability to naturally marry the practice of planning + urban design;
- Experienced with the structure, process and policy and legislative framework of planning in Ontario: Provincial, Regional and Municipal Policy (Growth Planning, Supportive ‘Infrastructure’ Planning (e.g. Transportation and Movement, Housing), secondary plans, framework plans, hub/ corridor studies, etc.);
- Solid background in one or more areas of land use planning, such as:
- Community Design (Master Planning, Area Specific Design Frameworks; Policy Development; Parameters for the Built and Public Realm Environments);
- Development Approvals (including Development Management); and/or
- Social and Environmental Sustainability Planning + Design.