DIALOG is seeking a motivated, creative and detail-oriented Intermediate/Senior Interior Designer to join our Toronto studio. We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing inspirational and transformative spaces that enhance every aspect of a community with a focus on educational, cultural, civic, and healthcare projects.
Our interior design team believes that the “inside” of a space is just as important as the outside. Our team truly believes great design is created through a collaborative process with a focus on the wellbeing of a building’s occupants and one that leaves a lasting impression on those who enjoy our spaces.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Create inspiring and unique design concepts based on client needs, site conditions, and project aspirations with the aim of design excellence
- Present ideas efficiently and coherently through client presentations and design packages through visualizations, floor layouts, finishes selections, and details
- Lead the project team and execute knowledge in project management, budgets, schedules, and architectural standards
- Prepare and co-ordinate project schematic/conceptual design drawings
- Coordinate and undertake the preparation of required project documents, minutes, schedules and specifications
- Apply building code and construction regulations
- Coordinate electrical, mechanical, structural and other consultants or vendors
- Co-ordinate and/or undertake the selection and specification of furniture systems, fixtures and equipment
- May be required to prepare project contract, code or related legal documents
Who You Are
- An Interior Design or Architecture degree that is an accredited 4-year program
- 7+ years of experience in related areas of Interior Design & Architecture
- Experience working in institutional, integrated design projects
- Strong design sensibility and understanding of architectural spaces and concepts
- Advanced level of experience in Revit, Sketchup, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of working drawings, construction and millwork details, and building codes
- Effective coordinator with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements
Submit your resume along with samples that shows your best work relevant to the role to [email protected].