3-month summer internship starting June 2020. You will join us in the summer period and join our community of interns under our programme called Jacobs Campus. This programme will allow you to work with a mentor who will work with you in identifying areas of learning so that when you leave you have a portfolio of learning experiences to refer to. There will also be opportunities to network through your community and other networks across Jacobs in various experiences that will be on offer general aspirations as a recognised inclusive and diverse employer.
- Assist to plan and program a layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Assist to conduct periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents.
- Aids to prepare quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates.
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost.
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- Design work to be reviewed and stamped by a Registered Architect.
- Periodic travel to construction sites should be anticipated.
- Is currently in their penultimate year of studies towards a 2:1 BA/BS or a bachelor’s in architecture.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, basic rendering and publishing programs, and Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members.
- Ability to work independently at times when given a set of instructions is required.
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time.