Design Workshop Architects are currently seeking an Intern Architect to join them in their future-forward design practice located in Leslieville, Toronto. The candidate who is looking for an opportunity to take on learning the full range of skills that make up the profession, including project management, design, leadership and business skills.
They are a certified B-Corp, a team-oriented environment, and they love an unconventional challenge. Join their friendly and collaborative team of 10, working with a range of leading clients. They offer an environment of constant learning, forward-looking design practices and an entrepreneurial attitude towards the developing role of the architect in practice.
Who They Need:
- You are looking for an opportunity to take on learning the full range of skills that make up the profession, including project management, design, leadership and business skills.
- You want to work with an enthusiastic and positive team, and to expand your exposure to all aspects of the practice of architecture (and beyond).
- You are smart, open-minded, communicative, proactive and you enjoy working on a variety of types and scales of projects for premiere clients, in a beautiful creative studio setting (and remotely).
- You are an intern architect, or graduate architect, and have at least 2 years of post-graduation experience in an architectural practice.
- You have a solid grasp of design, drafting, detailing, and building code requirements.
- You are a graduate of an accredited professional Master of Architecture and plan on pursuing registration.
- You care about your city, design, art, and culture, and take pride in improving your own learning and abilities, and you actively engage with your industry and profession socially.
- You embrace technology and do not shy from the unknown; you are willing to do the work to help improve processes and drive design.
- You want to be a part of something new and exciting, to help it grow, and to help create great new opportunities for yourself and your team-mates.
To apply, send a digital portfolio along with your covering letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Intern Architect-Your Name” in the subject line.