Arcadis IBI Group is calling on Intern Architects to join their busy and growing Architectural practice in Vancouver.
IBI Group’s Vancouver office is looking for an Intern Architect to join its award winning Living+ Studio. You will be working on the detailing and working drawings for exciting Mixed-Use/Multi-Family Residential high-rise buildings. Your attention to detail and proficiency on Revit will help you succeed in the role.
- Prepare working drawings, building permit and construction drawings for all projects in Revit
- Assist in contract admin services such as the review of shop drawings and preparation of site instructions
- Assist in the preparation of design development package
- Working with production teams
- Coordinate with sub-consultants, engineers and prepare technical working drawings
- Work on multiple projects at the same time and lead small to intermediate size teams to complete each project
- Work with clients and user groups to develop concepts during schematic design and design development meetings
- Organize and lead user group and client stakeholder meetings
- Prepare meeting minutes and project schedules
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture/ Architectural Technology with an Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) recognized Post-Secondary institution
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in multi-family residential projects
- A strong design and technical portfolio is as essential as strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Proficient with Revit/BIM software and other design tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of British Columbia and Canadian building codes, standards and building structures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized with good interpersonal skills
- Experience in high-rise design experience is an asset
- MUST SUBMIT – Portfolio and Resume for a complete application
- **Please note, that this team may require hybrid working model split between working from home and in the office depending on business needs.
IBI Group request applicants submit a RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.