The Inudstrial Design Manager will manage the physical design team through both small and large-scale, physical design projects from problem definition, conception and design to development and implementation.
Often the link between the Physical Design Studio and the rest of Huge, the ideal candidate has a strong foundation in design management with the ability to adapt to changing needs and evolutions of project process. Ready to tackle all industrial design, environmental design, and packaging design deliverables, manage team resources and competing priorities.
The Industrial Design Manager will work closely with internal Huge teams to produce soft good and hard good products that connect the digital and physical worlds, while consistently communicating and managing expectations (internal and external), schedules, budget considerations, assets and scopes.
The ideal candidate embodies confidence when answering questions around process and team abilities and finds solutions to project challenges quickly. We are seeking candidates that thrive on driving workflow towards the world class work Huge is known for.
What we’d like to see:
- Deep familiarity with all phases of the industrial design process, including: research, conceptual design, engineering and analysis, prototyping and testing, CAD, and design for manufacturing.
- Familiarity with designing, managing, and building environments, both experiential and retail.
- Ability to work as an integral member of the design and development team, collaborating as a respected team member with resources both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, document and satisfy project deliverables.
- Possess working knowledge of fabrication and prototyping techniques and processes.
- Ability to generate detailed scope descriptions and activities to feed into larger proposals or SOWs as well as timelined activities.
- Experience conducting and leading project kick-off’s and daily stand-ups with vendors and internal teams.
- Ability to manage, hands on, both short and long term physical design projects with aggressive, fixed timelines and budgets with very high expectations.
- Candidates would ideally possess a Masters Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design or Interior Design.
- 5-7 years of experience in a design management role related to Industrial design practice.
- A love for making products above all else – a challenging, innovative project is what you’re after.
- Deeply curious with an insatiable passion for the latest news, events, products and trends pertaining to design.
Huge is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all Hugers. We firmly believe that our work isn’t at its best unless all of our employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work.