WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009 through the integration of the Nomade architectural firm, Sid Lee Architecture is led by architects and senior partners Jean Pelland and Martin Leblanc. The team includes some 60 architecture and interior design professionals. The firm offers a wide range of services: urban analysis and development strategy, mixed-use developments, multi-unit residential projects, leisure and hospitality, corporate office design and retail.
Reporting to an architect/project manager, the junior architect will take part in various complex projects of all sizes, both in Canada and abroad. Using their experience, they will take part in the design and production stages of one or several projects at the same time. The ideal candidate is passionate and independent, has a great attention to detail, and demonstrates strong communication skills. They are able to manage priorities and are highly creative in their problem-solving.
- Play an active role in all stages of a project in collaboration with the project manager.
- Assist with concept development.
- Conduct research in order to suggest innovative design ideas.
- Take part in developing studies, concepts, plans and quotes.
- Produce documents, presentations and visuals in order to convey a project’s conceptual vision.
- Take part in coordinating the work with the required resources.
- Take part in weekly meetings and follow up as needed.
- Master’s degree in Architecture.
- One or two years of experience.
- Knowledge of building codes and design standards.
- Proficiency with 3D design programs (SketchUp and/or Rhino), architecture design software (AutoCAD and/or Revit), and graphic design software (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Bilingual in French and English (both verbally and in written).