JG Neukomm Architecture is hiring a junior architectural designer to join its team in New York.
JG Neukomm Architecture, PLLC is an award-winning New York City architecture and interior design studio recognized for high-end and luxury private residential, multi-residential, hospitality and commercial projects. Our mid-sized firm and diverse staff give studio members guidance and leadership opportunities with experience in all aspects of the many types of projects we are designing in New York City and beyond.
The position will involve:
- working closely with the principal and senior staff on all project phases, from schematic design through construction administration
- engaging in design studies, digital modelling, product and material research
- understanding building codes, space and site considerations and client requirements to determine their impact on architectural designs
- coordinating with engineering and specialty consultants to integrate their work into unified architectural design solutions
- producing construction documents, including details and material specifications
Qualities of the ideal candidate will include:
- at least a bachelor’s degree in architecture, a master’s degree is preferred
- two to four years of full-time postgraduate experience
- experience or involvement in project management
- well-developed strategic and critical thinking abilities
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe, SketchUp, Rhino, V-Ray and Enscape
- excellent rendering and presentation skills