Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Cygnus Design Group Inc. is looking for a Jr. Communications Designer to join their team in Toronto.
The Cygnus Design Group Inc. is a boutique professional services organization and a national leader in providing communication solutions for the built environment. With offices across Canada we work within a range of distinct but closely related fields encompassing wayfinding, environmental graphic design, industrial design, brand implementation, and architectural signage.
We seek a talented and self-motivated Jr. Communications Designer to support our national design team. You can find out more about our work at cygnusgroup.ca.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to design graphic, communication and signage solutions for organizations within the corporate, hospitality, healthcare, education, and cultural sectors.
- Design Support – illustrative activities including accurate modification of existing design solutions and creation of visual documentation.
- Project Coordination – working with clients/vendors, assisting project managers/designers, preparing charts/schedules, issuing and organizing project documentation, and misc. administrative tasks to support the studio.
The successful candidate will be well rounded and able to manage multiple tasks with little supervision. Previous qualifications required, either through work experience or education. These include;
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Mac Operating System & Software.
- Reliable, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
Strong Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills/experience:
- A background in the following industries: architecture, interior design, graphic design, and/or industrial design
- Experience in the signage and/or graphics industry
RGD designation considered an asset
Salary to be negotiated depending on experience $22-$25/hour
Benefits available after probationary period
Submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio to [email protected]