Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are looking for a creative Junior Communications Designer to join our studio. If you’re looking to make a positive impact on society, we want to hear from you. This role requires an enthusiastic team player; eager to learn, grow, and seek out new trends, products, and techniques, to maintain cutting edge industry knowledge. A large part of the role will involve collaborating with our team to develop creative solutions to design briefs, and then translating those solutions through a variety of channels. Alongside a project manager and senior designer, you’ll undertake concept design and production for exhibition, environmental, and branding/identity design projects as well as internal marketing communication. We are an interdisciplinary firm; our architects, designers, and other specialists work together on projects from conception to completion without the traditional silos. This adds a great deal to the quality of the work that we produce but requires strong communication skills.
- A positive team player who always asks, ‘how can I make this better…what’s possible?’
- Flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities
- Creative, curious, and collaborative
- Open-minded, organised, and pro-active
- Full of your own particular interests to enhance our office culture
And you’ll possess:
- 4+ years relevant design training with additional experience in industry, preferably an in-house creative department or design firm
- Creative, organizational, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Adaptability, you must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for HCMA, as well as our external clients
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, experience with HTML and motion graphics a plus
- Strong conceptual skills, a high-level sense of design, layout, and typography
- Attention to detail with good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work within tight deadlines in a team environment
Our team lives and breathes creativity, engagement, and excellence. As HCMA brand designers, we help our clients tell their unique stories effectively. Our approach combines design expertise with distinct and informed point of view, and strong communication skills. We believe that this approach results in brands that build trust, inspire confidence, and forge lasting relationships with our communities. If your pulse picked up a little as you read this, if you feel you can contribute to our quest – if you can see yourself here – SHOW US. Email email@example.com with a statement on why you are right for our team. Get creative and convince us you’re the kind of person who wants to question the status quo, and that we’d be foolish not to hire you.