Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
WE Communications, one of the world’s largest independent integrated communications agencies, is looking for driven professionals to join our highly successful office in London. With an office in Covent Garden , we are keen to bolster our creative ranks with a Junior Designer to join our thriving digital studio and push creativity across all of our disciplines.
Our London office is one of 18 across the globe, and it’s expanding rapidly. We work across time zones and continents. Our clients are innovative and so is our work – and importantly, our employees come first. We are currently looking for a first-class creative to drive full-integration across all our disciplines – Technology, Healthcare, Consumer and Digital/Social Innovation.
You will be a junior all-rounder, working with the wider digital studio to help define and shape visual concepts based on client and client team briefs. The job is incredibly varied – ranging from graphic design and layout work for web and print, with the majority of the role focused on digital print. Our in-house studio consists of Designers, Developers, Project Managers, Insight & Analytics, Content Writers, SEO/PPC and Strategists – ensuring we are a “one-stop-shop” and can deliver fully-integrated campaigns across both B2B and B2C audiences.
The role of Junior Designer is broken down into 3 main areas:
–Integral part of the Creative/Digital Team to Push Full Integration – 70%
You will be an integral part of our creative studio, heavily involved in driving creativity across the agency. You will work closely with our Senior Designer to define and shape our creative offering, ensuring that the agency shows up well in all materials, content and assets produced by the design team. You will be given the opportunity to collaborate with WE design teams North America and APAC to ensure we are delivering consistently and of the highest quality regardless of geography.
New Business Support – 10%
You will provide art and creative support for a wide range of new business pitches and proposals across the agency and across all sector teams. This will cover a wide range of design disciplines from creative presentations through to content hub website designs.
Working with Senior Designer to Learn and Develop – 20%
As part of your continued development, you will work closely with the Senior Designer and wider digital studio. At all times we will look to push you, encourage and develop your skills and creativity.
- Portfolio that showcases your ability to deliver campaigns across both B2B and B2C audiences
- Strong understanding on the future direction of integrated communications.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning clearly and confidently
- An ability to be patient and focused under tight deadlines, work on multiple projects and prioritise tasks for each
- 1/2+ years of experience as professional graphic designer in multimedia agency, advertising agency, design studio, branding house
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud(PS, Ai, Id)
- Desirable experience with HTML and CSS, including HTML e-newsletters and transmission
- Understanding of website delivery, from wireframe to hosting
- Experience with After Effects and animated graphics is advantageous
- Must be able to work with teams across various geographic locations (virtual team structures)
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Open office environment with a growing and diverse team (flat structure)
- Roll your sleeves up, lead-from-the-front style leadership
- Strong presentation and communication skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English