Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
We are currently seeking Industrial Designers that possess outstanding skills in research, sketching, form/detail development and CAD modeling/rendering) and the desire to work on a wide range of products in a creative and multi-disciplinary collaborative studio. Industrial Designers gain a deep understanding of technology, materials and manufacturing methods to improve the design and usability of an item.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Sketching and ideation of initial design ideas
- Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or, more likely, using dedicated computer software (CAD) to produce design specifications, including parts lists and cost
- Making sample mock-ups and testing working models by hand or using computerised prototyping equipment (CAD)
- Working alongside engineers and model-makers
- Conducting research and devising design proposals for a variety of projects
- Researching and identifying the suitability and availability of materials for the designed item to make sure it is cost effective
- Taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings
- Occasionally travelling to clients’ production facilities and evaluating the feasibility of production
- Making presentations to senior design management or clients, either when bidding for a contract or to present design proposals.
- Helping identify interns and Industrial Design I candidates
- 2-4 years of professional design agency experience
- High degree of proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Awesome in 3D software (such as Alias, Solidworks or Rhino)
- Excellent at hand sketching, model making and mock-ups
- Deep knowledge of materials, plastic and metal production processes
- Understanding quality control and other techniques for manufacturing
- Willingness to take direction and learn from others
- Passionate thinker about consumer behavior
- Multilingual skills are welcome
- Sensitivity to international consumers and markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Product Design