Are you an individual that is driven and believes in doing whatever it takes to get it done? Someone that delivers excellence in every design and task they execute. A person that values their amazing clients, team, partners, and vendors and never stops until they find kre-a-tiv solutions.
If you answered yes to all of these, then we want to hear from you. As a boutique design firm, KLC kre-a-tiv works on a wide variety of design projects including residential, commercial, and multi-family and we are looking for a Junior Interior Designer to join our team in Fort Langley, BC.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provide space planning that accurately reflects the programing, functional requirements, and design considerations of the project.
- Research, gather, recommend, and present to the principal designer appropriate finishes and furnishings that capture the functional, aesthetic, environmental, and budgetary requirements
- Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, procurement, and installation of furnishings and equipment, including detailed drawings and schedules.
- Assist and collaborate directly with KLC Project Manager(s) to update schedules and communicate with clients
- Manage, organize and update the office library (physical and virtual)
- Produce detailed client presentations using PowerPoint and/or InDesign
- Assist the Principal Designer and other members of the KLC team with project installations
- Hold a degree or diploma in Interior Design
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an interior design role
- Have great design skills, style, and creativity
- Proficient in AutoCad
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- An excellent understanding of construction drawings, specifications, and the BC building code
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and applications
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Comfortable using SketchUp (especially the viewer)
- Procurement Knowledge
- Knowledge of freight, shipping, and brokerage for wholesale orders
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent custom service skills with a positive attitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team
- Process-driven with great attention to detail
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Passionate in design, positive outlook, collaborative and patient
- A drivers license and vehicle that can be used for occasional work travel
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a small portfolio sample to [email protected]