Our Nationwide Global Buildings Design team consists of 2500 professionals focused on leadership in technology, process innovation, and sustainability. Jacobs ranks #1 in the Architecture/Engineering, Construction Management, and BIM-Engineering categories; and is also a leading design firm in the Aviation, Government, Corporate Commercial, Healthcare, Data Center and University sectors. We provide award winning planning, architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build of new buildings; as well as expansion, renovation and refurbishment of existing facilities for public and private sector clients. Our collaborative approach allows us to successfully deliver fully integrated professional services for a broad range of clients and project types worldwide.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you will find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Lead, the successful candidate will augment client’s Facilities staff on site using software and resources (AutoCAD, ProjectWise, Maximo, LMBuildings and Microsoft Office Suite) utilizing industry best practices and client’s design criteria and standards. Develops interior architectural and engineering design concepts which are practical, safe and maintainable, conducive to intended purpose and function, reflects client goals and are within project budget and schedule. Work split between office and field (600-acre campus). Extensive end-user interface. Experience in Facilities environment useful.
- Possesses a general understanding of preparing architectural drawings for interior planning, design, furniture layouts, finishes and equipment (FF&E)
- Works closely with the Senior Interior Designer/Planner and assists the client’s team to implement the project development process including building programming, space planning/room requirements, design and bidding documents
- Update Master drawings with final “As-Built” construction documents, update utilities drawings and provide general drafting needs; perform field surveys and CAD updates
- Additional duties to include PO and Facilities Service Requests, move coordination, general project administration support, including assembling project documents, coordinating reproduction of submittal documents and general project file management, construction administration document support, etc.
- Associates degree or 2+ years’ related experience without a degree
- Drafting/computer aided design certificate or 1+ years’ experience utilizing AutoCAD
- Ability to perform architectural field surveys of existing buildings and interiors
- Basic understanding of CA building codes and accessibility requirements
- Willingness to learn and collaborate in a facilities team environment
- Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English
- US Citizenship required by client