Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Your New Company
Fotenn is a leading planning and urban design firm with offices in Ottawa, Toronto, and Kingston. Our team of planners, landscape architects, and urban design experts is engaged in award-winning projects across the country. At Fotenn, our practice is centered around the seamless integration of planning, landscape architecture, and urban design, and is rooted in a deep appreciation for creating people-focused places. By applying our expertise in site planning, land usage, policy development, urban design, and landscape architecture, we have added immense value to the spaces we have created and continue to guarantee high-quality results that are appropriate to the environmental setting.
Your New Role
Fotenn has an opportunity for a Junior Landscape Architect to join our studio team based in Ottawa on a fulltime basis. Our team is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth, earning a reputation for high-quality design and delivery of innovative projects. The successful candidate will be dedicated to: sustainable landscape architecture and urban design practices; advancing the role of landscape architecture and urban design in the public realm; enhancing the quality of urban life; and the development of successful communities. You will work collaboratively with the planning and urban design team on a variety of development projects as well as on landscape architecture projects under supervision of the Lead Landscape Architect.
- Bachelor or Masters (preferred) of Landscape Architecture;
- Membership in OALA or AAPQ with the ability to obtain a stamp;
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of proven applied experience in Landscape Architecture:
- Knowledge of technical detailed design and construction methods and practices;
- Knowledge of land development and municipal approval process;
- Highly developed graphic, verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences, including: clients; communities; and peers;
- Ability to manage workloads and competing deadlines Desire and ability to work independently and as part of a larger design team;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, write clearly, and resolve problems creatively;
- Competency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, hand drawing, and 3D modeling (Sketch Up, Rhino); and
- Ability to obtain ISA certification.
Other Qualifications (an asset but not required)
- ISA Certification
- Proficiency in French
- Competency in ArcGIS
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employees, clients, allied professionals, officials and the community;
- Meeting with new and existing private and public sector clients;
- Prepare presentation for clients, stakeholders, community associations, municipal committees and councils;
- Assisting in preparing responses to requests for proposals;
- Complete site assessments, tree identification, and site inventory;
- Preparation of site analysis, concept drawings, and master plans;
- Assist with the preparation of contract documents, including: technical working drawings (layout and material plans, grading plans, planting plans and details), specifications and cost estimates; and
- Conduct construction administration, including field review.
Fotenn offers competitive salaries, health benefits, professional development assistance and a progressive work environment. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please visit our website, www.fotenn.com, to learn more about our firm.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, portfolio (less than 10 MB) and supporting documents via email to: Annemarieke Goldsmith firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the submission of applications is no later than Friday, March 16, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Please note that only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted.