Brook McIlroy is currently looking for a Junior Landscape Architect to join our team. We are seeking a talented and technically proficient individual with a clear command of their discipline, and a desire to be part of a dynamic growing team of professionals.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Can work collaboratively with a diverse team of landscape architects, architects, and urban designers to create integrated design solutions;
- Is creative, self-directed and motivated to gain new knowledge and skills;
- Has strong verbal and written communication abilities;
- Can effectively develop and communicate ideas;
- Has excellent time management skills with the capacity to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- A Degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture;
- Minimum 2 years professional working experience in Landscape Architecture;
- Highly-skilled in AutoCAD, Adobe CS, SketchUp and Office;
- Strong 3D visual renderings skills considered an asset, as is experience with Land F/X, Rhino, Grasshopper and Revit;
- Proficiency in all phases of project development with an emphasis on drawing production from Schematic Design through Construction Documentation;
- Production skills should include: planting design, grading and construction detailing;
- A thorough understanding of landscape construction materials and techniques;
- Experience with technical writing and the preparation of reports, proposals and presentations;
- Contract Administration experience are assets;
- A valid driver’s license to attend client meetings and conduct site reviews;
- Membership with the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (or actively working towards membership).
Please submit a PDF copy of your resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to [email protected] with “Junior Landscape Architect” in the subject line.