SvN Architects + Planners is looking for a Junior Landscape Architect to join our award-winning team in Toronto.
Role and Responsibilities
The role of the Junior Landscape Architect is to work with our interdisciplinary team of planners, urban designers, landscape architects and architects on behalf of both public and private sector clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support on diverse projects ranging in scale and context, from integrated site design to corridor + neighbourhood development to city-wide design + strategy. Fresh and forward-thinking approaches to nature-inclusive design in an urban context are encouraged.
Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Develop graphics and text that showcase design excellence, clear design thinking, and strong landscape-urban design concepts;
- Conduct research and preliminary site review including an understanding of landscape requirements and design solution opportunities; familiarity with the Toronto Green Standard, Complete Street Guidelines, Low Impact Development strategies, etc. an asset;
- Contribute to the continued growth of the landscape practice at SvN, and assist in developing graphic standards and resources;
- Develop conceptual and/or framework diagrams, plans, sections, elevations, perspectives (by hand and/or digitally) in a highly graphic capacity;
- Imbue technical understanding of landscape elements and applicable standards and best practices into the development of work.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Landscape Architecture;
- 1-2 years of landscape architecture experience;
- Exceptional communication, organization and interpersonal skills;
- Solid technical understanding of/experience with landscape and public realm design, including:
- Green standards and sustainable design practices;
- Streetscape design and coordination between landscape and utilities;
- Integration with land use and the built environment;
- Transit integration and design;
- Parks and open space design concepts and detailed development;
- Application in city-wide scale contexts.
- Proficiency in graphic tools including AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and Revit. Experience with MicroStation an asset;
- Working towards OALA or equivalent.