BIG’s London office is growing at a rapid pace and is looking for a Junior Landscape Designer to work on high profile projects across the office as an integrated member of the Landscape team.
As a Junior Landscape Designer, you will report to the Director of Landscape and form part of a team responsible for the design and technical production on landscape projects of varying scales. This will encompass conceptual design, the technical side of production of drawing sets, grading and planting design, and landscape materiality.
Join us on our mission if you are an Junior Landscape Designer who has:
- Strong conceptual and design skills with sensitivity in the human scale
- Understanding of grading design, planting design, natural systems, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture
- Ability to express design ideas quickly, clearly and succinctly
- Ability to develop design options in collaboration with and in support of architectural design teams
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models as they relate to the project
- Should have strong ability with 3D modelling in Rhino, as well as AutoCAD, V-Ray, Adobe Suite (Revit is a plus)
- Organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working
Required Skills and Experience
- Professional qualification as a Landscape Designer or an equivalent overseas qualification
- 0-3 years professional experience as a landscape designer/architect
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English- spoken and written
- Experience with landscape exercises on masterplans is a plus
Please upload your CV and portfolio.