BIG is an international architectural company, characterized by an entrepreneurial spirit, true team-work across areas of expertise and new ways of approaching conventional tasks. We have an informal work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, very high work morale and dedication to being the innovators of our field unify the staff. Our firm is characterized by creativity, high energy and a unifying team spirit. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a cool and enjoyable workplace and we continuously work at becoming better and better at what we do. Our headquarters are located in Copenhagen and our New York office has been open since 2010. We are a company in steady growth and over the last few years we have worked intensely on the professionalization of our business.
BIG Architecture seeks a Junior Landscape Designer to join us in our NYC office.
As Junior Landscape Designer, you will be responsible for design and technical production on landscape projects of varying scales. This will encompass conceptual design, the technical side of production of drawing sets, grading and planting design, and landscape materiality.
- Professional degree in landscape architecture or architecture with landscape-related degree (Ecology, Urbanism, Urban Design, Environmental Design) and 0-3 years professional experience as a landscape designer/architect
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English- spoken and written
- Strong conceptual and design skills with sensitivity in the human scale
- Ability to express design ideas quickly, clearly and succinctly
- Ability to develop design options in collaboration with and in support of architectural design teams
- Ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings and models as they relate to the project
- Understanding of grading design, planting design, natural systems, materials and technical aspects of landscape architecture
- Should have strong ability with 3D modeling in Rhino, as well as AutoCAD, V-Ray, Adobe Suite (Revit is a plus)
- Organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to take on constructive guidance in response to direction from managers
- Experience as a junior designer on built and published references is preferred
- Experience working in a leading American or international architecture office is preferred
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, creed, sex, citizenship status, gender, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected characteristic. B.I.G. Architecture D.P.C. is obligated under the law and committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. B.I.G. Architecture D.P.C. is obligated under the law and committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.