SOM is currently seeking a Junior Visualization Specialist to join their London office.
- Contributes to the development of an aspect of a Project under the direct supervision of senior visualizer. Exhibits initiative, process innovation, problem solving, and decision quality with a high attention to precision and accuracy at a task specific level.
- Produces presentation deliverables
- Produces 3d models for rendering from the models and various inputs received from design teams.
- Demonstrates knowledge of composition, texturing, lighting, rendering and postproduction
- Creates bespoke materials
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic animation techniques
- Effectively communicates internally through timely and appropriate written, oral, and visual means.
- Actively collaborates at a project team level by critically and constructively evaluating ideas.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of building materials and excellent understanding of building geometry and hierarchy of building components.
- Manages time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with regular interaction and direction from senior visualizer.
- Organizing, adding to, and maintaining CGI library
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Architecture, Design or Arts
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max, Corona/Vray, Photoshop
- Rhino knowledge desired
- Knowledge and experience of other 3ds max plugins and scripts, Unreal Engine, Unity, After Effects Premiere, a bonus
- High level of self-organization
- An eye for detail, aesthetic direction and an artistic flare
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.