Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
ABOUT THIS COMPANY
superkül is an award-winning architecture practice based in Toronto. Our projects range from interior renovations and urban infill through to new construction, adaptive reuse and master planning exercises. The 20-person studio is led by two principals, along with three associates and a team of project architects, designers and technologists. Our studio believes in a work culture that is defined by collaboration, stability, ongoing career growth, and unique work. The practice’s portfolio includes projects in a broad range of sectors, from residential to commercial and institutional as well as mixed-use developments.
superkül relies on its Interior Designers to assist and work alongside Principals, Associates, Senior Designers and Project Managers. Under their direction, the interior designer will prepare detailed specifications and drawings, for interiors, millwork, furniture and finishes in conformity with project requirements.
• Prepares design, presentation and working drawings using REVIT and AutoCAD, and other modeling software;
• Prepares graphic drawings, diagrams for presentations and reports, renderings, sketches, etc;
• Supports and works alongside Senior Architectural Designers, Project Managers, Associates and Principals;
• Assists with the development and conception of interior designs including research and resolving technical and design issues related to space planning, millwork, furniture, finishes, etc;
• Assists with the production of drawings, specifications for tender and performance of construction administration;
• Develops relationships with internal teams;
• Assists with maintaining/updating Materials Library
• Other related duties will be assigned as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 3+ years of post-graduate work experience in an architectural/interior design practice;
• Completion of an Interior Design Diploma or Degree from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite;
• Ability to work well either on a team or independently;
• Excellent product knowledge;
• LEED accreditation and knowledge in sustainable design beneficial;
• Member of the Association of Interior Designers of Ontario and/or Interior Designers of Canada beneficial;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and samples of their work (PDF file, max. 5MB) to [email protected] with ‘Interior Designer Position Application’ as the subject line.