Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
The Boston office of SmithGroup is looking for a Lab Planner to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Meet with clients/users to develop or validate program requirements for lab and high-tech facilities.
- Develop space programs and physical plans at a variety of scales.
- Collaborate with the project team in planning the facility by developing planning grids, lab organization and service distribution concepts.
- Lead documentation of laboratory systems such as casework, lab equipment, and development of laboratory spaces to create next generation settings for discovery.
- Manage projects including negotiating project scope and fees, job production and quality, and fee management.
- Participate in marketing efforts through proposal development, interview participation and presentations.
- Develop trusting relationships with clients.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in programming, planning of laboratory and high-technology facilities.
- LEED AP and Architectural Registration preferred.
- Experience with academic, research and preferably STEM facilities for college & university clients, required.
- Project experience in a range of project types, complexity and scale, and is comfortable managing clients, project teams and project processes.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and data-based systems; working knowledge of Revit highly desired, along with SketchUp, Rhino and Grasshopper.
- The ability to travel locally, nationally & internationally up to 20%.