Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
IBI Group is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated intermediate to senior level individual to join the Toronto office and provide professional planning services for a variety of private and public sector projects. The Land Use Planner role will involve assisting and taking lead roles on policy and master planning assignments, obtaining development approvals, providing professional advice and consulting with a range of stakeholders. The individual will report to the office planning leads and work with other professional staff within and outside the office.
If you are looking for the chance to work in a collaborative environment at a multi-disciplinary firm that takes a holistic approach; and for a career opportunity with long term development?
- Assisting with policy and land use planning projects, with an increasing level of autonomy and project management and business development responsibilities
- Conducting research, highest and best use reviews and planning policy analysis
- Preparation of site plans, master plans and municipal and regional planning strategies
- Coordination of planning applications and securing approvals
- Public consultation, including creation and delivery of presentations for public meetings, open houses and workshops
- Preparation of proposals and contracts for public and private sector clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or a related discipline
- Full member of the Ontario Provincial Planners Institute (OPPI) and the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) or in the process of becoming of a full member
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant planning experience
- Strong understanding of the planning and development processes in Ontario
- Analytical thinker and creative problem solver with high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Experience in project management would be an asset
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Exceptional written communication skills (samples of written work will be required)
- Excellent oral communication skills and experience with public speaking
- User functionality in MS Office products. Knowledge of GIS, CAD, Illustrator, SketchUp, or similar programs would be an asset
- Valid Class “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence is requiredAdditional Information
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.