B+H is an internationally recognized global design firm specializing in architecture, interior design, planning, urban design, and landscape architecture. The firm has more than 65 years of design and technical excellence in a broad range of building types.
The B+H Planning & Landscape department prides itself on creating innovative design solutions for planning, urban design, and landscape architecture projects. With a deep and diverse portfolio of local and international project experience, the B+H Landscape team have developed a strong contextual approach to design. In keeping with sustainable and best practice objectives, the landscape design for each project is deeply rooted in a comprehensive understanding of the site in order to produce a design response with the smallest ecological footprint, while resulting in the greatest social impact for a community. The work is engaging, rewarding and unique to the landscape architectural profession.
The B+H planning, urban design and landscape architecture team is looking for an Intermediate Landscape Architect to produce and manage CAD/Revit base plans, working drawings and presentation graphics for landscape and planning projects. The candidate will coordinate CAD/Revit drawings file and assist in the design and production of graphic and presentation drawings, using various graphic software applications. Candidates must be detail-oriented critical thinkers that are comfortable in a fast-paced deadline driven work environment.
- Collaborate with other design disciplines within the Toronto office as well as other B+H offices globally.
- Efficient in the preparation of base plans using surveys, architectural and engineering drawings.
- Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with office standards
- Efficient in the preparation of layout, grading and planting plans including construction details using Revit and CAD.
Skills and knowledge:
- Proficiency in CAD drafting.
- Proficiency in Revit drafting
- Proficiency in presentation graphics software, including Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling programs such as Sketch Up and 3D Max.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong graphic communication skills
- Experience with grading, construction materials and detailing.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Relevant University degree in Landscape Architecture. Graduate degree preferred.
- 5-8 years professional office experience
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a geographically and ethnically diverse team.
- Have the ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Have the passion in modern design and presentation graphics.
- Have an interest in professional development including sustainable design and LEED
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Revit Certified Profession Preferred.
- Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process