Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Reporting to the Principal, Planning & Landscape Architecture, the Landscape Architect will work closely with the Senior Landscape Architect to be responsible for developing initial concepts through design development to construction and working drawing production. Successful candidates must demonstrate strong design- conceptualization skills and graphic production skills including 2D and 3D computer rendering. Candidates must be detail oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities, and work well collaboratively. This individual is expected to think critically and contribute creatively to the design process.
• Participate and oversee the development of design concept direction through implementation into subsequent production and construction stages.
• Communicate closely with the senior landscape architects and planning leadership to implement the team vision while working independently on a day-to-day basis.
• Develop modern design concepts, graphic and presentation materials as required.
• Implement technical design and drawing production as required. Keep current in global design trends and issues.
• Collaborate with other design disciplines within the Toronto office as well as other B+H offices globally.
• Provide mentoring to promote succession for junior team members.
• Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Landscape Architecture or equivalent
• 4-8 years’ experience in the professional field including experience with an international design practice
• Strong conceptual design knowledge, with strong graphic communication skills including development of hand sketches
• Strong graphic presentation skills; proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3D Max, MS Office
• Working knowledge of local construction industry and plant materials
• Strong leadership, inter-personal skills and organizational skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Work well both independently and as part of a team
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with a geographically and ethnically diverse team
• Evidence of a genuine passion for landscape architecture, public spaces and the natural environment.