Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Reporting to the studio director, participates in the planning, design, and supervision of restoration and reconstruction projects in the Park.
Reports to: Studio Director
Department: Planning, Design, and Construction
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct site analyses.
- Prepare project scopes of work.
- Prepare and develop schematic designs.
- Prepare illustrative and written material required to convey design intent.
- Conduct materials research and coordinate field material orders.
- Prepare contract documents including drawings and technical specifications.
- Prepare cost estimates throughout phases of design.
- Prepare RFPs for consultant services, coordinate work by consultants, and incorporate their deliverables intoproject designs.
- Present project designs to donors, community groups, regulatory commissions, and attend public meetings as directed.
- Work with project managers and studio director to clarify questions about CDs and resolve issues in the field.
- Maintain up-to-date files on projects.
- Supervise fieldwork performed by site contractors.
- Inspect material deliveries and completed work for compliance with contract documents.
- Perform field measurements and calculations for contract payments.
- Ensure that project sites are managed in a safe and professional manner, in full compliance with applicable safety standards and other regulatory requirements, and consistent in appearance and informationcommunicated to park patrons with CPC’s public image and high standards for our work in the Park.
- Maintain daily and weekly reports and photo-documentation of work by contractors.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Degree from an accredited program in Landscape Architecture.
- Professional licensure in landscape architecture.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in landscape architectural practice.
- Familiarity with relevant design standards, codes, and industry standards of practice.
- Familiarity and understanding of construction documents.
- Strong organizational, communication, and graphic skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites required.
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.