Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
You’re an artist with a strong desire to better your surroundings. You can see a landscape before it exists and you love the process of bringing it to life. You’re collaborative, but need time to think, plan, and dream. You find yourself imagining a better way to walk down the streets you frequent every day. You imagine how you’d change a streetscape for walkers, you see unused open space that could—with thoughtful design—house pop-up art exhibits or events. You know that change is possible through determination and team work.
Binnie is looking for a Landscape Architect to join our Landscape Architecture, Sports & Recreation (LASR) Division full-time in our Burnaby office, located near scenic Deer Lake.
Our LASR Division is a leader in providing planning, design and construction administration services for public open spaces, and outdoor sports & recreation facilities for Municipalities, School Districts and others throughout Western Canada.
You will work with an accomplished team on high-visibility projects, including landscape architecture for parks and recreation, boulevard streetscaping, public open space master planning, and land development projects. We also have a wide variety of sports facility projects including synthetic and natural turf sports fields, running tracks and sports courts.
You will participate in the design process, engaging with the rest of Binnie’s Design Studio to develop sound technical solutions with creative flare. You will utilize your landscape design skills, and strong background in horticulture, and understanding of the design process, from planning through to project construction.
- Leading the complete landscape design process on a project basis
- Preparing landscape drawings using AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Preparing schematic, conceptual and detailed design drawings with associated cost estimates, as well as design and planning stage reports
- Attending client meetings and periodic public consultation events during evenings and weekends
- Collaborating with other members of Binnie’s multi-disciplinary team including civil engineers, surveyors and project managers
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in landscape architecture for land development, public open space, and parks and recreation projects
- Registration as a Professional Landscape Architect or eligible for registration with BCSLA
- Valid Driver’s License and personal vehicle preferred
- Ability to independently lead and deliver full landscape architecture services on a project basis
- Ability to prepare and convey full landscape production drawings and specifications
- Strong AutoCAD skills
- Strong written and graphic communication skills, specifically with Adobe CS, Sketch Up, as well as good hand graphic abilities
- Understanding of construction detailing, specifications and construction processes
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.