Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
WSP is currently seeking a Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design department, located at our Kitchener office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for working collaboratively amongst our established team of landscape architects, planners, environmental scientists and engineers, you will be responsible for contributing to design excellence, planning, and construction services for a wide variety of landscape architectural projects in southwestern Ontario, the GTA, across Ontario and nationally, with a focus on recreation, active transportation and ecologically based landscapes. You bring a creative mindset and thoughtful approach to design.
- Interaction and collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Coordinating projects from concept to construction administration;
- Contract administration services including inspection and construction oversight for projects;
- Report, proposal and presentation preparation;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, or Landscape Technology; or similar, relevant education;
- 2-5+ years’ professional experience field of Landscape Architecture and Urban Design (recent graduates with strong, relevant work experience may also be considered)
- Keen understanding of project development, design development and construction documentation including, site design, planting design, site grading and construction detailing;
- Project coordination experience;
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and contribute positively to a multidisciplinary team;
- A collaborative mindset and desire to find creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- A valid driver’s license to conduct site reviews and attend client meetings.
The following qualifications are strongly desired:
- Pursuing registration or Full Membership in the OALA;
- ISA Certification (or pursuing certification);
- Experience in preparing 3D visualizations (e.g. SketchUp, Lumion);
- Working knowledge of GIS.
Closing date: October 4th, 2018