The Chicago office of SmithGroup is looking for a Landscape Architect to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Prepare concepts, design development and graphic illustrations on projects.
- Assist in preparing Construction Documentation.
- Work with senior landscape architects to compile data and prepare design solutions.
Work in collaborative integrated teams of professionals that include civil engineers, coastal engineers, architects, building systems engineers, planners and environmental scientists.
- Consult with product manufacturers, evaluate and select construction materials.
- Assist in editing technical specifications and reviewing shop drawings.
- Visit construction sites to gather information, review design intent, inform and support senior project team members during the construction phase.
- Use in depth knowledge of trees, shrubs, ground covers, perennials, and annuals in preparing planting plans and landscape master plans.
- Travel as needed for project work.
- Participate in the establishment and management of project budgets and schedules.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of professional experience.
- LEED AP or SITES AP preferred. Landscape Architectural registration preferred.
- Proficiency in current design software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, GIS, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Lumion and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technical knowledge of landscape architecture site development elements.
- Working knowledge of project management software, Deltek Vision