WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
WSP is currently seeking a Landscape Architect to join our Landscape Architecture and Urban Design team in Ottawa. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for working collaboratively amongst our established team of landscape architects, planners, and engineers. You will contribute to design excellence, planning, and construction services for a wide variety of local and regional landscape architectural projects, with a focus on transit and transportation, urban infrastructure, active transportation and ecologically based landscapes. You bring a creative mindset, a thoughtful approach to design and a willingness to learn.
- Schematic and detailed Landscape Architectural design;
- Project coordination including assisting in the preparation of contract documents; tender and contract administration services and field reviews,
- Graphic production;
- Assisting with proposal preparation,
- Coordinating with internal departments and clients;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation a recognized post-secondary Landscape Architecture program (BLA or MLA);
- Registration as a Landscape Architect (with Seal) with the OALA or equivalent;
- 3-5 years experience as a consulting landscape architect and project manager;
- Experience in proposal writing, business and project development, design development and construction documentation including, site design, planting design, site grading and construction detailing and cost estimating;
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in AutoCAD; Civil3D; GIS; Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to lead projects, work independently, show initiative and contribute positively to a multidisciplinary team;
- A collaborative mindset and desire to find creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, capable of preparing and delivering reports, narratives and presentations.
- The following qualifications are strongly desired:
- Arborist certification
- Experience in preparing 3D visualizations (e.g. Lumion; SketchUp)
- The following qualifications are assets:
- Proficiency in Revit
- PMP certification
- Bilingual (English/French)