LPAS Architecture + Design is an award-winning Architecture, Interior and Landscape Design firm committed to providing exceptional design solutions. Our landscape studio has a broad range of projects from multi-family residential communities, to office and retail centers, civic projects, schools and institutions, and we’re seeking an experienced individual to join our team in our Sacramento office.
We are looking for an experienced Designer to lead the design on large-scale landscape architecture projects by developing and presenting conceptual and schematic designs for our projects. Strong design skills and innovative design ideas are necessary to present design concepts to internal and external clients. Podium courtyard design experience is highly desirable.
In addition to designing projects, this position prepares and oversees the detailing and production of working drawings (hardscape, landscape lighting, water features, planting, construction details) in the capacity of a Landscape Architect.
Other Responsibilities You’ll Have:
– Participate in project interviews and presentations
– Work with design team members and consultants through all design stages from concept through construction
– Provide site planning and perform calculations associated with site plan development (parking, site and floor area, water use, shading calculations, etc.)
– Conduct research on various aspects of project development; develop materials palettes and written specifications
– Utilize your knowledge of California plant material and planting design, urban and landscape design, and grading
– Help train and mentor staff and work collaboratively with team members in all disciplines
In addition to strong design skills and a strong graphic sense to effectively communicate design ideas, other qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, California LA license, with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in professional design, production, project management, construction observation, and client contact and staff supervision with diverse project types. AutoCAD skills required; preferred skills include Revit, LandF/X, Photoshop and/or SketchUp.
If you are passionate about the world of landscape architecture, excited by innovation, and embrace collaboration with unequaled peers and clients, then talk with us. You won’t find high cubicle walls in our office or people working in a vacuum. What you will find are hard-working folks who like to have fun while sharing information and expertise, with an occasional bark of a dog or outburst of laughter. Come join us and experience all this with fantastic benefits and Friday afternoons off! Submit your resume and work samples to [email protected].
Visa sponsorship is not currently available for this position. EOE M/F/D/V