WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design department, located at our Thornhill office. This position will be responsible for working collaboratively amongst our established team of landscape architects, arborists, planners, environmental scientists and engineers. You will be responsible for contributing to design excellence, planning, and construction services for a wide variety of landscape architectural projects in southwestern Ontario, the GTA, across Ontario and nationally, with a focus on arboriculture, recreation, active transportation and ecologically based landscapes.
The selected candidate must be willing to pursue their ISA (International Society of Arborists) certification soon after they are hired.
- Interaction and collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Coordinating projects from concept to construction administration;
- Contract administration services including inspection and construction oversight for projects;
- Report, proposal and presentation preparation;
- A Degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, or Landscape Technology; or similar, relevant education;
- 3-10 years’ professional experience field of Landscape Architecture and Urban Design (recent graduates with strong, relevant work experience may also be considered)
- Keen understanding of project development, design development and construction documentation including, site design, planting design, site grading, construction detailing and contract administration;
- Project coordination experience;
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and contribute positively to a multidisciplinary team;
- A collaborative mindset and desire to find creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- A valid driver’s license to conduct site reviews and attend client meetings.
The Following Qualifications Are Strongly Desired
- Pursuing registration or Full Membership in the OALA;
- Experience in preparing 3D visualizations (e.g. Lumion);
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.