Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
Jinny Blom Studio is seeking a motivated, creative, and idealistic Landscape Architect/Garden Designer to join its team in London. Jinny Blom Studio’s award-winning projects will take a successful candidate around the UK, Europe and internationally. Demonstrating the fantastic variety of work we undertake from important listed buildings to the innovative and contemporary.
- You will work on a variety of projects from concept design through to implementation on site
- You will prepare relevant information for planning, tender and construction stages including 3D visuals, schedules for costing, detail design drawings, and outline planting plans
- You will liaise with consultants and contractors and maintain documentation to a high standard
- You will support the director, senior team and be a key member of the design team
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A degree/MA in, and/or three years proven experience in landscape architecture/garden design
- A strong interest and proven skills in landscape design and project management of landscape projects
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent design and technical skills
- Ability to develop, draw and communicate design ideas from early concepts through to technical stages
- Ability to lead complex projects and work seamlessly within larger teams
- Solid practice experience
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop, set and run budgets
- Be a proactive and motivated all-rounder with a positive attitude
- Provide solid professional support to the director
- Share the ethos of the studio to produce beautiful, thoughtful work for discerning clients
- Interest in and understanding of plants and a capacity to manage plant schedules, procurement and installation
- To be a chartered professional, on the pathway, or equivalent industry recognition
- Proven ability to deal with clients and contractors courteously and fairly.
- Experience of the tender process
- Site experience during construction
- Ability to work overseas as required/travel
- Experience in heritage and/or conservation work
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the role of Landscape Architect/Garden Designer, please email your CV, portfolio (max 10MB) and cover letter via the button below.