Plant Architect Inc. is looking for a landscape architect with a minimum of 7 years of post graduate professional experience to join our firm. We require a creative, inquisitive, and motivated individual with a dedication to idea-driven work and to working in a studio atmosphere. You must possess strong conceptual and detailed design skills including construction drawings and contract administration. We like to work with well-read, articulate, engaged individuals who have the ability to organize their thoughts and work, and the ability to speak and write clearly in English.
You would work closely with both the architecture and landscape architecture teams and would be responsible for managing projects, design, research, preparation of technical drawings, budget and schedule management, client presentations and meetings. Projects will include public landscapes, public realm and urban infrastructure, research and experimentation, exhibition work, and custom private commissions.
• Demonstrated excellence in design and ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
• Enthusiastic about landscape architecture, architecture, and design.
• Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple,concurrent projects in various stages of development.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a studio environment.
• 7+ years of post graduate professional office experience including coordinating and working on the design of large and medium-scale projects such as urban squares and parks, public realm projects, and conservation area projects.
• Familiarity with urban landscape projects
• Knowledge of local arboriculture and horticulture
• Demonstrated technical skills in preparing technical working drawings for both hardscape and soft-scape elements (grading and layout plans, material plans, planting plans, construction details)
• High level of graphic communication skills.
• High level of freehand and rendering skills, and be capable of using 2D/3D software, including AutoCAD, Sketch up, PhotoShop, In-Design, Illustrator, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of VECTORWORKS would be ideal.
• MLA or foreign equivalent
• Ability and interest to become an OALA Full Member
• Resident of Canada or ability to obtain a work permit for a period of more than 1 year
Please visit our website to ensure your design capabilities are compatible with our firm before you apply.
Submit work samples along with your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: LA Position June 2021-PLANT to the attention of Mary Tremain.
No phone calls please.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this job opportunity. Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.