Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Design, the incumbent will develop plans and specifications for landscape projects and related construction work of McGill Facilities. The Landscape Architect will be an integral member of the design team with primary responsibility for providing design and preparing designs that reconcile land constraints, planning priorities, user needs, and grounds and building code requirements.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of the landscape design and technical standards for the university and participate in the landscape master plan elaboration.
- Direct the preparation of the documentation for requests for proposals for all urban furniture and communicates technical requirements to the office of Procurement.
- Offers potential solutions to the client in order to define their needs and develop landscape design programs in consultation with the user/client and other interested University constituencies.
- Reconcile designs to the Quebec Construction Code and provides professional expertise in code interpretation.
- Present verbal and written presentations to individuals and groups as required by the project dynamics.
- Prepare a fully coordinated set of working drawings and specifications for landscape projects.
- Provide site supervision and relative documentation when required.
- Prepare estimations for the landscape projects.
- Provides design development and direction from concept through to completion.
- Analyze, produce and follow up on the budgets and timeline on landscape projects.
- Lead landscape projects and mobilize teams towards landscape project goals.
Education And Experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And Abilities
- Successful candidates will be well organized with a proven ability at multi-tasking.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Canadian construction industry practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a PC environment using a variety of programs such as MS Office, AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp and 3D drawings.
- Experience in the design of urban landscape is required.
- LEED, WELL or/and SITE accredited professional is an asset.
- Member of the « Association des architectes paysagistes du Québec ».
- Proven ability for creativity and design sensibility.
- Proven ability to bring new approaches and leading-edge solutions to clients.
- Proficient, verbal and written communications skills in French and English.