PARTISANS is an award-winning Toronto-based design studio that specializes in making the improbable possible, at all scales and project types. Our strategic decision to forgo programmatic or typological specialization comes from the importance that we place on both innovation and partnerships. We are a diverse and nimble team of architects, artists, storytellers, entrepreneurs, and cultural enthusiasts devoted to a cause: smart, high-impact architecture combined with deft programming that subverts expectations and creates meaningful built experiences.
We’re currently looking for a landscape architect to join us.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
1. Work with project design teams and partners in the development of landscape designs for our projects. The candidate should have the experience and technical knowledge to propose and implement smart, thoughtful, and inventive design strategies from concept to construction.
2. Preparation of masterplans, landscape design, research and documentation in all stages.
3. Interpret design briefs, preparation of design concepts, drawing, documentation plans, specifications and estimates to clients.
4. Assist in the production of high-quality visuals to illustrate design concepts.
5. Attend project and site meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and collaborators.
The ideal candidate has experience working with leading landscape architecture practices, developing landscape design proposals across scales (from urban-scale projects to residential-scale work) from concept through to construction. The candidate should be highly creative, have strong design sensibilities, have excellent technical capabilities, and communication skills. Candidates should be team-oriented, open-minded, inspirational to others, highly organized and efficient in their workflows.
The studio is open to working remotely, applicants from other cities may apply.
- Degree in landscape architecture or related design field; professional registration is preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in delivering landscape projects of varying scales, from concept through to delivery.
- Some horticulture/planting knowledge of Ontario would be valuable
- Some understanding of the Toronto regulatory framework (such as SPA, COA) would be valuable
- Exceptional technical abilities in landscape details and designing green roofs
- Strong organizational skills and workflows for meeting tight deadlines, with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficiency with Rhino or similar 3D modeling program
- Proficiency with entire Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Experience with rendering programs such as Vary, EventScapes or similar (desirable)
Please send your documents to [email protected]