Stantec is currently seeking a Landscape Architect to join our Boston office. Through design, we empower communities and help enable them to realize their potential. Our landscape architects create inspired spaces that reflect context and user needs, guided by our commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative approach to design and believe that the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
You are a contributor to our Landscape Architectural group as part of a multi-disciplinary team, working independently to manage large projects of high complexity, and as a leader of a team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle. You will be planning and designing urban space, commercial, residential, roadway or green space projects. You will assist in building new and fostering existing relationships with clients and contractors as well as guiding clients and teams through all phases of design and facilitating a smooth transition to an installed project.
You apply creative and detailed design principals, perfecting a site design that enhances the client’s vision. You will work closely with clients, designers and construction staff, peer professionals, vendors, and municipal agents to oversee the arc of a project to successful completion.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Managing and leading other team members while working on projects.
- Managing projects or assisting Project Managers with invoicing, managing, and monitoring financial performance of project budgets.
- Preparing plans and reports, writing proposals, budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination on projects between other project participants, including planners, architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
- Signing/sealing plans and project forms for formal submissions to municipal agencies and RFIs as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and various design methods.
- Possesses excellent time management skills and has a thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
- Effective communicator and able to lead teams.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in relevant drafting/design software such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat. Civil-3d, Revit, Land F/X, Lumion, Enscape a plus.
- Be a team player
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Landscape Architecture or related field & Licensed by state/province in Landscape Architecture or equivalent Licensure.
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of experience.