Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented, and motivated Landscape Design Principal for immediate employment for the Los Angeles, CA office.
As the Principal Landscape Architect in the B+P Design, Planning and Economics Practice (D+P/E, this individual will be responsible for leadership of a team of landscape architects located in several offices, working in close collaboration with the planning, architecture and urban design practices within the LA Metro+ region (Southern California, Southern Nevada, Hawaii & Guam). Engagement with other AECOM business lines focused on urban infrastructure, such as Transportation, Environment, and Water, will also be required. Reporting to the Regional Business Line Leader (RBLL) and the D+P/E practice leader, this individual will determine the strategy for pursuits, write proposals, lead and participate in interviews, and undertake projects providing design excellence in landscape architecture. This individual will also partner with other business lines, thought leaders and Client Account Managers to identify, pursue, win, and deliver multi-disciplinary projects and programs.
As a recognized landscape architect leader the ideal candidate will attract talent to AECOM and mentor the career growth for people in the D+P/E team.
The D+P/E Principal Landscape Architect will win or contribute in a significant way to $3-5MM in pursuits and $1-2MM in wins annually once established.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with our Architecture, Engineering, and Strategy+ practices on interdisciplinary pursuits, and projects where leadership across multiple disciplines and across business lines is required
- This individual will also collaborate closely with our infrastructure engineering teams on pursuits and projects, with the goal of further growing a diversified practice that capitalizes on the dominant position that AECOM has in the LA Metro+ region
- Collaborate and share knowledge with his/her planning and design peers across the Americas and globally to ensure that best ideas, innovations and practices are integrated into the LA Metro+ region, and other regions where engaged
- Communicates strategy and city block relationships through sketches, drawings and narrative, this individual will help drive AECOM’s design response to climate change, resiliency and urban infrastructure for cities
- Participation and leadership in relevant industry groups
- Superior interpersonal skills including relationship building and communication at all levels and work collaboratively across the organization; listening to other points of view while still being persuasive
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Landscape Design or a related discipline
- 15+ years of progressive experience in a multi-disciplinary practice
- 7+ years of managing and integrating with teams based across multiple locations
- Chartered or registered status with a relevant professional body, and licensed in California, is required
- Strong portfolio of work with a focus on mixed use projects, urban streetscapes, public place-making, parks and open space, campuses, and city district plans
- Highly skilled in drawing, hand sketching and communicating the relationship between built form and the public realm
- Demonstrably good commercial awareness, an appetite for business development and client management skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills with an ability to effectively communicate with senior audiences both internally and externally
- Proficient moderator for design and consultation workshops
- Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture