WSP is currently seeking a passionate and talented Landscape Designer/Technician to join our expanding Vancouver office, in the heart of downtown. This opportunity will provide you work within a creative, supportive and multi-disciplinary team involved in a wide variety of high-profile landscape architectural projects including parks and open spaces, streetscapes, transportation, environmental assessments, ecological design, heritage preservation and urban design.
With a PLAUD Studio (Planning + LA + Urban Design) of nearly 40 in Western Canada, we offer strong professional mentorship and career opportunities and anticipate continued growth in the Lower Mainland. But above all we like to have fun! The selected candidate will report on a day to day basis to senior staff in the Vancouver office which is overseen by the Director of Western Canada, Robert Fershau.
- Schematic and Detailed Landscape Architectural and Urban Design;
- Preparation of 2D and 3D graphics, including video work;
- Preparation of contract documents; tender documents and specifications;
- Research, analysis and report-writing; and
Other duties as assigned.
- Landscape Architecture Technology Diploma or a University degree in Landscape Architecture
- 5+ years of professional relevant experience;
- Strong design and technical ability, with an understanding of the Landscape Architect’s role in a consulting environment;
- Must be fluent in AutoCAD, Adobe CS, Sketchup and Lumion;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – must be able to work on multiple, complex projects with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Eligibility for membership in British Columbia Society of
- Landscape Architects (BCSLA) a strong plus; and
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections.