They seek individuals with strong design and graphic skills who are enthusiastic about the design of the public realm. The ideal candidates should be efficient, well organized, detail-oriented, and interested in all aspects of the landscape architecture design profession. They value individuals who can iterate design ideas, think critically, and thrive in collaborative team environments.
As an interdisciplinary practice that emphasizes horticulturally rich design across diverse project types and scales, the Landscape Designer role involves collaboration with Hoerr Schaudt’s planting design and construction administration studios. The position also includes exposure and coordination with design collaborators and sub-consultants. They are looking for someone who is nimble, eﬃcient, and adaptable to evolving eﬀorts and changing priorities.
- The successful candidate demonstrates ability to integrate design ideas and think critically
- Team collaboration – an interest in learning the craft of place-making
- The development of construction documents and participation in construction administration.
- Demonstrated experience with site construction documentation is a plus. Proﬁciency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Rhino is required, and experience with other 3D modeling software and associated plug-ins is welcomed.
- Consistent collaboration and communication with the team, across studios, and with design partners are essential aspects of this role.
- The candidate should proactively engage with mentors, conduct in-depth material and technical research, and excel in problem-solving.
- Capable of both hand sketching and rendering and graphic communication.
If interested in the Landscape Designer position at Hoerr Schaudt, Send resume and portfolio to Meg Graham, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org