As a Landscape Designer on the Perkins and Will Team, we look for our candidate to perform the following:
- Prepare planning and site design that is consistent with Perkins and Will’s commitment to sustainable design.
- Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of scales and project types, from universities to urban environments at a planning level and detailed site design level.
- Design and technical experience at a consistently high level of accomplishment.
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to communicate ideas both graphically and verbally.
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn new skills in support of a growing planning and urban design practice.
- Ensures tasks are completed according to the Perkins and Will’s standards.
- Prepares contract documents including details, sections, elevations and schedules.
- Assists in preparing adaptions and technical alternatives for project team review.
- Performs area calculations according to specified standards.
- Performs site analysis including observations of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Collaborate with senior staff.
- Utilize your skills in design application software.
- Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
To Join Us, You Should Have
- A professional degree in Landscape Architecture
- 3+ years of experience
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Adobe Suite, including 3D modeling, visualization, graphic software; and Revit experience desired
- Interest in participating in multiple projects and different phases of design
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- LEED GA within 6 months of hire
- Preparing for LARE
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 6 MB).
At Perkins and Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve
Perkins and Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D