Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
Working at the intersection of hardware, software, and molecular science, we are committed to delivering on the promise of 3D printing, enabling commercial customers to go beyond basic prototyping to 3D manufacturing.
Our company is built on the idea that diverse fields of study will come together to solve intractable problems. We have a vision of inventing a technology that will change industry around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions. We pride ourselves in developing an environment where we all can teach, learn, and grow together.
We are seeking a seasoned Industrial Designer to join our team. As the Industrial Design Lead at Carbon, you will be responsible for the look and feel of our entire line of products. You will work closely with the mechanical engineering team to design intuitive, enjoyable to use, and manufacturable products with a timeless sense of aesthetics. You will also work closely with the software and marketing teams to create, maintain, and influence a consistent look and feel across all of our assets.
*Applications with out portfolios will NOT be considered.
- Participate in the entire development process, from product ideation and design research through to form definition, feature development, CMF details, and vendor sourcing/coordination.
- Ensuring products deliver a fantastic human-centered user experience.
- Collaborate with other disciplines (engineering, manufacturing, materials, etc.) and across other functions within the company (supply chain, marketing, etc.)
- Create physical and visual assets including sketches, prototypes, 3D CAD models, renderings, and detailed drawings.
- Defining and maintaining a consistent design language across all Carbon hardware products.
- Portfolio including a range of product types that have gone into production.
- In-depth understanding of product design and development principles, tools, and processes.
- Solid grasp of design-thinking to create intuitive UX and UI experiences.
- Ability to create outstanding concepts and designs that push the boundaries of engineering yet adhere to good DFM and DFA principles.
- BS Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related degree.
- Adept at Adobe Creative Suite and Solidworks, or other 3D CAD software
- 10+ years of industry experience