Please note that this job has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for jobs.
HOLLY HUNT is a sales and service organization, as well as designer and maker of high-end interior design furniture, lighting and textiles. HOLLY HUNT’S “to the trade” customers are interior designers and architects. 85 to 90 percent of business revenue is generated from residential purchases, while 10 to 15 percent is generated from contract, corporate or hospitality purchases.
The Lighting Designer is a person with knowledge and proficiency in current lighting systems and technologies. This position will interact with design, sales, supply chain and client services to be the voice technical expertise for HOLLY HUNT lighting.The Lighting Designer is responsible for understanding the technical needs and wants of the HOLLY HUNT clients. In understand this, the Lighting Designer will aid in execution of best in class design, installation and technical expertise. The main areas of responsibility are:
- Develop Lighting for the HOLLY HUNT Studio line
- Generate physical designs with technical specifications
- Evaluate design via prototype and testing and make adjustments as necessary
- Collaborate with workrooms and other teams to follow the design from concept to production
- Develop new product specifications that comply with industry standards
- Ensure that HOLLY HUNT stays at the forefront of lighting technologies through our designs
- Assist with showroom installation teams to ensure proper design and intended performance is being displayed.
- HOLLY HUNT distribution is growing worldwide. With varying lighting standards by country, we need an expert voice to ensure standards are being met.
- Provide training to internal resources to aid in client support.
- Support client issues with installation. At times, speaking directly to the electricians on site or traveling to installation.
- Maintain high level of knowledge on guidelines, lighting systems, and technology.
- Assist custom quoting team on complicated chandelier quotes.
- Aid in finding opportunities for costing efficiencies.
- Ability to write installation instructions
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of growing the HOLLY HUNT lighting business.
Strong skills in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good technical writing skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of sources: design, clients, suppliers, internal associates
- Demonstrated ability to work a product or task to conclusion
- High sense of urgency
- Accountability – ability to meet real time demands.
- Team Player
- Change / Flexibility: Embraces change.
- Creativity/Innovation: Takes initiative. Encourages risk-taking in pursuit of continuous improvement.
Travel required – estimated at 30%
Experience in the following Areas:
- At least five (5) years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Up to date knowledge on lighting certifications (UL, CE etc.) both domestic and international
- Experience using 3D model software: Rhino, Solidworks or similar platforms
- Degree in Design, Engineering, or Architecture preferred.
- PE – Professional Engineer License
- LEED certification preferred
- AutoCAD technical drafting